Tennis Heaton Junior tournaments are a great way for children to compete and practice their skills in a fun friendly environment. For most tournaments players compete in small teams for points over a short series of matches. Winners are awarded medals and there are prizes to be won by other players too, with all players receiving certificates.
Tournaments will often take place on the weekends or during schools holidays and are sometimes themed around events like Halloween or Christmas. Teams compete in various fun formats over 2-3 hours with lots of prizes to be won. Tournaments are aimed at players on the programme who are new to competition and who don’t play in regular external tournaments but more experienced tournament players are welcome to attend.
Why take part in Tournaments?
- Playing in teams with friends is fun and there is much less pressure
- Improve your game by practicing the skills you’ve been taught in group coaching sessions
- It’s a great way to socialise more with the people at your club
- The matches are competitive, but with no impact on ratings and rankings
- Playing as a team is rare in tennis and a nice change to standard formats
Parents also love Tournaments as its great value with events typically lasting 2-3 hours. There will be a small entry fee to take part in tournaments,
With events taking place at your local club, you and your children won’t have to travel far and you know they’re in a safe and familiar environment.
How to book onto our Tournaments?
It’s easy to book a place onto a tournament. Just click on the link below and select the relevant ball colour for your child’s age and stage and follow the steps from their. Places will be limited in each age group event so please book early to secure your place.
Look forward to seeing you on court competing soon!